We are pround to announce
the release of the first BETA version of Efficasoft
GPS Utilities for iPhone!
feedbacks, error reports, comments and/or suggestions
Notes (IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ)
- This first beta version is released solely for
- It is designed for iPhone with external
GPS receiver. Its ability utilizing iPhone 3G's
built-in GPS receiver is still under testing.
- This beta version is built against firmware 1.1.0
and has been tested on firmware 1.1.4 iPhone with
external GPS modules, so should work with higher
- All major GPS Utilities functions are available
in this beta version as in the WM and Symbian versions,
except the built-in POI & Waypoint Manager,
Go To Navigation and a few advanced options.
- There's 1000x1000 pixels image map size limit,
- this beta version expires on November 1st ,
- Efficasoft holds no responsibility
whatsoever, for the results of using Efficasoft
GPS Utilities for iPhone.
- iPhone firmware version 1.1.4 (tested) or higher
- External GPS receiver, e.g. http://store.igpsd.com
- Install Installer.app
program on your iPhone.
- Start the Installer by tapping the icon on your
- Tap 'Sources, Edit, Add'.
- Type in 'http://www.efficasoft.com/iphone' (without
quotes) and tap 'OK'.
- Wait untill Installer finish refreshing the sources,
- Tap 'Install', and then category 'Efficasoft'.
- Now you should see 'Efficasoft GPS Utilities for
iPhone' on screen, tap it and then tap 'Install'
in the top-right corner.
POI and Waypoints are automatically loaded at
start up. So if you wish to load any POI or Waypoints,
put them in
- Connect the GPS receiver to iPhone.
- Start GPS Utilities.
- Tap 'Menu (right-most toolbar button), Start
POI folders - '/var/mobile/Media/My
Waypoint file - '/var/mobile/Media/My
Put map images in '/var/mobile/Media/My GPS/Maps',
so they can be loaded from 'Menu, Maps, Load Map'.
Track Logs are saved in directory '/var/mobile/Media/My
NMEA Logs are saved in directory '/var/mobile/Media/My
For all other issues, please reference
the Windows Mobile version FAQ at http://www.efficasoft.com/gpsutilities/index_wm_faq.html